Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) was established in CECOS University in July 2011 for the improvement of academic, teaching and learning standards. The role of QEC is to monitor the quality of education through a well-structured feedback mechanism which involves obtaining feedback from students, alumni, employers and faculty. QEC at CECOS is closely working with the Office of ORIC, Placement Center and Alumni directorate to strengthen its activities by holding seminars, workshops, symposiums, developing linkages with Industries and other sister institutions within the country and abroad.
- QEC has started working on “Institutional Performance Evaluation”
- QEC prepared the statistical data for annual ranking purposes for “HEC”
- May 04, 05 Dy. Director QEC has attended the progress review meeting and training on IPE held at Margalla Islamabad.
- May 18 – 20, Dy. Dir. QEC & Chairman Management Sciences attend the TESP training workshop on “Quality Assurance & Governance” at Margalla Islamabad
- QEC has started facilitating & monitoring the pre-visit preparation for MS/PhD Reviews.
- Internal Audit for ISO has been done for pre-visit preparation for external visit.
- AT teams has been finalized for all of the targeted programs and departmental visits have been done in order to ensure that SARs received is the true picture of the respective department.
- Departmental visits have been done and AT presented its findings.
- QEC Annual budget has been prepared by director QEC in consultation with GM Finance and sent the proposal to VC for approval.
- QEC reviewed the SARs received from all of the departments.
- QEC helped the Dean of Engineering in the process of preparing of the documents to be submitted to HEC for obtaining NOC for the programs started after October 2013.
- CECOS QEC received letter from Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and achieved 89 % score and for the first time CECOS got “W” category from QAA.
- An Informative Interactive Workshop Organized by CECOS QEC in Which Deputy Director QEC SBBWU was invited as resource person, where she put light on the process of IPE that SBBWU adopted.
- A seminar organized by Institute of Business Administration (IBA) on ISO 9001: 2015 attended by deputy director QEC & all the internal audit members nominated for ISO 9001:2015 internal audit.
- Deputy Director QEC attended the seminar organized by Sarhad University’s Quality Enhancement Cell on “IPE: Institutional Performance Evaluation”.
- PT formation for all remaining BS, MS & PhD Programs as Target Given By QAA.
- QEC led the process for provision of statistical data to HEC for ranking purposes.
- QEC Together with Dean of Engineering Office Organized 5 Days Training for CECOS Faculty & Staff Members, Director QEC, Dr. Naseer Ahmad explained and deliberates the semester system.
- Deputy Director, QEC attended and presented in the HEC progress review meeting at Islamabad.
- Compilation of documents for YPR 2015-2016 for submission
- Finalization of activities (QEC Calendar) during QEC’s Academic year
- Attended Riphah University’s event on “Quality assurance and challenges”
- QEC Budget for 2016-2017 has been prepared and finalized with GM Finance with the approval of Vice Chancellor.