- With a combined total of 90 kanals of land, CECOS University branches off into three, well-established campuses. The environment is academically conducive, while also diverse enough to facilitate and promote various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. CECOS has acquired another 260 kanals to establish a full-functioning campus in Islamabad.
- In light of the Higher Education Commission / Pakistan Engineering Council, regarding the mandatory establishment of strong, industrial linkages and maintaining close and sustainable academia-industry interactions, CECOS University established the “CECOS Industrial Liaison Center (CILC) in the Industrial Estate. With high-end workshops and laboratories for electrical, electronics, mechanical, and micro-processing / communication engineering, these facilities are essential to achieve the professional goals of our University-Industry linkage programmes.
- The aim of the CILC is to strengthen the long-term relationship between corporate entities and academia. This collaboration will not only anticipate and adapt to technological changes but will also help us assume a proactive position at the leading edge of technology.
- CECOS was granted a Charter by the Government of NWFP (now KP) for the establishment of CECOS University in 2001.
- More than thirty-nine thousand (39000) students have benefitted from CECOS Educational Institutions and have been successful in securing employment and building careers at government, academic and corporate institutions, both in Pakistan and abroad. Currently, over 3000 students are enrolled in different disciplines at CECOS University and affiliated institutions.
- CECOS University is a major employer in the education sector, with over 300 employees working full-time or part-time. The university remains just and unbiased in its position as an employer, hiring individuals without any discrimination of gender, color, race, ethnic background, or religion.
- From humble beginnings in a small, rented office, CECOS University has evolved as a top-tier education provider in KP.
- CECOS continues to encourage and appreciate excellence, providing merit scholarships to outstanding students as well as to those who hail from less fortunate backgrounds.
- CECOS College London, the training component of CECOS Computing International Ltd. UK (1998), continues to successfully enroll and train international students.
- CECOS has been approached by well-known and reputed overseas organizations for joint ventures or limited partnerships in the field of Information Technology.
- CECOS was selected for establishing a CISCO Networking Academy, the only one in KP, by the Federal Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST).
- The Electrical, Civil & Mechanical Engineering programmes of CECOS University have been accredited by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC). CECOS has the honor of being the first private sector university of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to offer accredited engineering programs.
- The Computer Science programme at CECOS University is fully accredited by the National Computing Education Accreditation Council.
- CECOS University has been offering the Bachelor of Architecture program since 2007 and has the privilege of being the first university to offer an architecture program in the private sector in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The B. Arch programme is duly accredited by the Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners (PCATP).
- CECOS University introduced the Masters of Engineering programme in Civil & Electrical Engineering in 2009 and MS Mechanical Engineering Programme in 2014. Ph.D. programmes in Civil & Electrical Engineering were launched in 2013.
- CECOS University is proud to hold a Category W3(W***) status (W4 being the highest category) with the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- CECOS University has been designated as an approved Centre of Pakistan Engineering Council to offer Continued Professional Development (CPD) courses and to conduct professional seminars under the CPD program.
- CECOS is one of the first private sector universities to set up a dedicated Industrial Liaison Centre for practical, field-oriented training of engineering graduates.
- CECOS University takes pride in its accredited staff of highly qualified and dynamic professionals, including foreign qualified PhD and MS degree holders.
- CECOS University has been actively engaged in cutting-edge, innovative research. Our faculty and students have published numerous research papers, textbook chapters, and reports in internationally recognized journals.
- CECOS University also boasts a dedicated Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC) and Quality Assurance / Enhancement Cell to promote Research & Development.
To date CECOS University has signed MoUs with the following Universities / Institutions:
❖ Sichuan University of Science and Technology, China
❖ International Islamic University, Malaysia
❖ Kangwan National University (KNU), Chuncheon, Ganwon, South Korea
❖ Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Gazi Magusa, North Cyprus.
❖ Pamukkale University, Denizu, Turkey
❖ University of Jerash, Jordan
❖ University of Ziguinchor, Senegal
❖ Discrete Event System Laboratory, Departments of Electrical and Computer.
Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA.
❖ COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad
❖ Riphah International University, Islamabad
❖ Indus Institute of Higher Education, Karachi.
- CECOS University signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Incubation Centre (NIC), Peshawar, to facilitate the development of an entrepreneurship & startup ecosystem, in hopes of promoting and encouraging the bright youth of the province to confidently tackle the problems of today’s world. The MOU was signed at Peshawar in the presence of the Prime Minister of Pakistan, the Governor of KP, and federal ministers.
- CECOS signed an MoU with the District Administration for the beautification project of Peshawar, helping to support the cause.
- CECOS has taken a lead role in synthetic biology and bio-entrepreneurship in the province and has worked closely with the government for the SynBioKP program
- CECOS University participated in the iGEM (International Genetically Engineered Machines) World Championships held in 2016 and 2017 in Boston, USA. CECOS teams were awarded a bronze medal in 2016 and a silver medal in 2017, a milestone in the list of achievements, competing against 300 international teams. In the 15-year history of the competition at MIT, this was the first time a team represented Pakistan.
- The University Advancement Cell and CECOS Alumni Association “CECOSIANS” continue to strengthen the bond between the university and its alumni
- A Placement Bureau has been established to bridge the gap between CECOS, industry, and its alumni. Additionally, the Tech Entrepreneur Centre provides an opportunity to students in initiating their own start-ups with the help of CECOS resources.
- Students of CECOS University have successfully designed and built a working prototype of a solar-powered rickshaw. The environment-friendly rickshaw is completely automatic and can attain speeds of up to 40 kilometers per hour.
- in 2015, CECOS University unveiled KP’s first Waste to Energy Power Plant. The project was sponsored by the Directorate of Science & Technology (DoST), KPK, and CECOS ORIC and is the first-ever power plant that uses solid waste to generate electricity.
- CECOS University and Institute of Management Sciences (IM|Sciences), Peshawar signed a Memorandum of Understanding to launch a Joint Centre for Bioeconomy, a first of its kind center in the country that bridges the gap between biotechnology, business, and economics.
- The Technology Upgradation and Skill Development Company (TUSDEC), Federal Ministry of Industries and Production is working with CECOS Industrial Liaison Center for the establishment of Peshawar Light Engineering Centre (PLEC)
- Times Higher Education (THE) rankings, which assess universities on global performance against the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), has ranked CECOS University in the 601+ mark making it on par with the University of Lahore and Quaid e Azam University.
- CECOS University has signed an MOU with Huawei ICT Academy at Huawei UET Joint Telecom IT Center, UET Lahore. Under this MoU, Huawei ICT Network Academy will provide training in Routing, Switching, and Network Security to CECOS University faculty.
- In an unprecedented event, two private institutions (CECOS University and RMI) have joined hands and established the cutting-edge Precision Medicine Lab (PML) at CECOS University and Rehman Medical Institute. The lab is an affiliate lab of the National Center for Big Data and Cloud Computing and is funded by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
● CECOS University launched a brand-new Doctor of Pharmacy program with state-of-the-art laboratories and research facilities. The Pharm-D program at CECOS is fully accredited and approved under the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan, with approval for 100 seats per annum.